Skip to main content

Wine Spectator adds new features for collectors

Wine Spectator has seen wine sites launch that help people manage their cellars better and decided to do something about it. They've recently launched a full service site that allows members to track the value of their wine collections and organize their bottles in a personal database, while using Wine Spectator’s databases of ratings, tasting notes and prices with full customization.

Not only does their site allow you to keep the info on your personal collection but it also shows you just how much that bottle of Smoking Loon Chardonnay is worth (not much) vs. the 1986 Cain V (a bit more) by pulling the prices from it's auction database. It also allows you to create multiple lists, show the Wine Spectator rating, and create labels with all the info for your bottles or cases.

If you love wine like I do, then you're probably typing this blog entry after having a bottle of Cab that your girlfriend told you not to open until 2010. If you love it enough to actually track it and sort it by "drink now" or "drink later" then the new features at Wine Spectator will help you a lot.

You need to be a member of their fancy-pants site but, luckily, it only costs US$49.95 a year (online only) or US$7.95 a month. A small price to pay for obsessively tracking your wine purchases.

Take a tour of the new features

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)