Skip to main content

Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical Box Set

Finding a tasty wine that you can enjoy for under $30 is all well and good, but there are often reasons that a bottle that is much more expensive is worth it. Yeah, those inexpensive ones are "nice" or "good" but pull out a bottle of $100 Silver Oak or this Rotchshild and you realize what you're missing.

Costco is selling bottles of 3 vintages from the fabled Chateau Mouton Rothschild winery in the Bordeaux region of France for $869.99. Though you could drink them right away and get every pennies worth of value from them, you'll be well off to let them sit for a while, depending on their storage conditions and such. You may want to talk to your local wine shop about the best time to open.

One of the bottles breaks away from the paper label tradition and has a gold-etched ram on it, making it that much more of a collectors item.

They can only ship to California, Idaho, Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon and West Virginia addresses but you can usually work out a shipment with your local Costco to pick it up there.

Chateau Mouton Rothschild Vertical Box Set [Costco.com]

Comments

But why can't Costco tell you when to drink it if they sold the wine? Do you think a wine shop owner is going to help a customer when they just bought $900 worth of wine at a competitor? "Say, I just dropped $900 at some other wine store, can you tell me when is the optimum time to drink these wines?" Say, why don't you ask the minimum-wage check-out clerk at Costco if the 2000 will drink better than the 2001 in 5 years!

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)