Skip to main content

The Perfect Cocktail Party

Cocktail parties are a varied beast. You can't often tell from the beginning of one if it will be the event of the year or just another night of standing for far too long. There are ways you can limit the margin for suckiness though, the main one is "be prepared." I've gone to way too many cocktail parties where they just had "a bunch of booze" and "some music."

Do not take those two items lightly. They will make or break your party and it's entire environment.

Over at Liquor Snob they posted a pretty good starter for how to run the perfect cocktail party, all of the points valid. If I was to add anything to it it would be to say that using evite.com for the invitiations is perfectly acceptable for a casual cocktail party. It let's people know who else might be there, let's you get a head count, and is much better than trying to coordinate via an e-mail blast.

Let me know you're having a good one. I'll crash it. Don't worry, I always bring excellent booze.

Cocktail Parties 101 [Liquor Snob]
Invite everyone! [evite.com]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...