Skip to main content

Smoking ban in English pubs

Trust me people, it's not the end of the world.

England has voted to ban smoking in all pubs, restaurants, and clubs. With the ban, the required pissing and moaning about how many jobs will be lost and how many pubs will close down because you can't smoke in them is reaching an all-time high.

I know baby, it's hard at first. You don't want to do this and you'll fight kicking and screaming in to the new generation of pubs and clubs. Rick understands. Rick will hold you.

Let me tell you this. Nothing stops smokers. Nothing. I'm sure during Hurricane Katrina or Rita in the U.S. people were still going outside for a smoke. It's just that important to them. The people in your pub will step outside for a smoke and some more bonding with other smokers, then come back in to a pleasant, smoke free environment and return to the fun.

5 years from now you'll walk in to a pub in England and appreciate this moment. You'll be able to go home from a night out without reaking of the smoke of others. Trust Rick. Rick knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...