Skip to main content

Tao in Las Vegas


I don't always get it. I love Vegas. I used to live there and I did well and had the time of my life. When it comes to the club scene though, Vegas runs at the bottom of the top 10 to places like South Beach, Ibiza, Madrid, Berlin, Dublin, Manhattan and many more. Most South Beach clubs are what Vegas really wants to be. Vegas is tame compared to most of these places.

The two that come close are Pure and Tao. Well, Pure used to until they installed the Worst DJ in America, DJ AM. Now Tao stands alone at the top of the Vegas heap.

Their Wednesday nights are easily one of the best nights of the week with Robert Oleysyck spinning throughout the night. This guy started the Vegas ultra-club scene by taking over Utopia on Saturday nights and making it go completely insane. Now at the weekly, "Sutra" you can hear him whip the crowd in to an absolute frenzy. He's probably one of the most under-rated DJ's on the West Coast and is worth the trip to Vegas just to hear him. Free sushi with bottle service is a nice touch too.

Food at Tao is excellent and worth exploring. I've never been a fan of eating and partying at the same place, but Tao makes a decent argument for it. Plus, eating there makes it a lot easier to get in on a packed night.

Robin Leach is a whore for Tao in his blog. I have a feeling he's writing about it all the time because this is the new hot place for celebs and they won't let him in unless he's pimping them. The guy can't seem to write about anything else, to the point that his blog is starting to just look like a big commercial for them.

If you're clubbing in Vegas, it's a good location, a fun place, and a perfect club to hit up with your group of friends. If this club wasn't in Vegas and was in one of the aforementioned cities, it would never work just because Vegas brings the type of vibe needed to make it work. (Yes, I know about Tao in New York and it is *much* better).

If you're there on a weekend, you *will* see a celebrity there, which is always fun. Check Tao out and let me know what you think.

Tao Nightclub [Club page at Venetian.com]
Luxe Life: Vegas [Robin Leach's Blog]
Pure Nightclub [Club site]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...