Coffee Roaster Cleans Up A River

I'm starting to get more and more press releases in my Inbox every day. This is a good thing though it does mean weeding through a bunch of absolute crap as well.

However, if you want to get me to post on something, then just send me what you're doing to actually make the world a little bit of a better place.

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is doing just that. They are spending a week cleaning up Vermont's Winooski River. Last year, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters employees cleaned 10 miles of the Winooski River and pulled out 110 tires, 3.1 tons of metal, 17 cubic yards of trash, two snowmobiles, and a Chevy Truck.

Not a bad haul and I'm sure the river is much prettier for it.

These guys also donate 5 per cent of their pre-tax profits to worthy causes. This is the kind of stuff that will make me buy their coffee.

Hey, I may not get the most traffic on the Web here, but I get enough for it to make sense to send me some info about what you're company might be doing.

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters to Participate in National River Cleanup Week - [Drinks Media Wire]
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - [Company site]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Absinthe's on the market

Some thanks and virtual bartender

Best Bonds Ever