Contest update

Since I announced Thursday's t-shirt contest for the 42 Below t-shirts, I've gotten 47 e-mails with recipes. And one good one.

Seriously, do people really think I don't know a gin martini has vermouth in it? C'mon guys.

So, there's still plenty of t-shirts left, just e-mail a cool vodka recipe to me at abeautifulmartini@gmail.com

For now here's the one great one I've gotten.
First, make your own pomegranate vodka.

Oh, don't look at me like that. It's easy, meditative, and can be done in front of the tv. Fill a mason jar with one pomegranate's worth of fruit (the juicy bits, not the pith; stay sensible), macerate, add 1/2 cup sugar, fill to the top with vodka. Store in a cool dark place for a minimum of three weeks, shaking weekly.

Bitter Pomegranate*:

2 oz pomegranate vodka
1 oz lemon juice
dash of bitters

Because pomegranate vodka is sweeter than you think.

* The author of this recipe takes no responsibility if you wind up licking the walls after three of these. The author of this recipe also wears a size large in women's.

--Audrey
A damn fine recipe to be sure, though I had to look up "macerate." Get yours in right now!

Level 42 Vodka - [Product site]

Tags: ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Absinthe's on the market

Some thanks and virtual bartender

Best Bonds Ever