Skip to main content

Wine Woot launches


For those of you still under a rock and think that it's "cool" to order an "appletini" then you may not know what Woot.com is. It's a deal-a-day site that puts up a new product every night at Midnight (Central Time) for a low price and goes until it's sold out.

Sometimes the price is ridiculously low (MP3 players for 10 bucks) and sometimes it's so-so. At the very least, the site is humorous in its descriptions.

This same group has now launched wine.woot. Instead of daily the deal will be weekly, though. It will be some hodge-podge of wines like today's sampler, or a special bottle, all at a special price. I expect it will be the same though, sometimes an amazing deal, sometimes something that you can pass on.

It's being managed by a company called "Wine Country Connect" in Sonoma County, California. It's in the town of Vineburg. You couldn't make up a better name for a town to have your wine company in.

Each week, on this very blog, I will alert you to the new Woot and tell you if it's actually a good deal or not. How's that for service?

This week's deal, as expected of a launch, is absolutely amazing. It's basically 4 bottles of a pretty good wine for the price of 3. It would normally cost you $82 for these 4 bottles and they're doing it for $54.

Woot.com - [woot.com]
Wine Woot - [wine.woot.com]
Wine Country Connect - [Company site]


Tags: , ,

Comments

Jared said…
I ordered the wootwine, will let you know how it goes :)

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...