Skip to main content

Alcohol Without Liquid getting it's first ban

Alcohol Without Liquid (AWOL) is a way to get drunk without all the actual drinking that is required by those old fuddy duddy's who actually want to taste their drink and feel it slide down their gullet.

Why go through all that trouble when you can inhale through this crack-pipe looking thing for 20 minutes and get just as drunk?

AWOL is facing it's first legal battle in the hotbed of legal activity, North Dakota. The argument is that it is unregulated (as of right now) and encourages the use of alcohol without the responsibility of people understanding that you'll be just as drunk and won't be able to drive after using it.

Users of AWOL comment that the taste is "clean" and "refreshing" and "now I won't vomit in to my girlfriend's purse then pass out, like last week."

Who's the biggest opponent to AWOL? Well, super producer of everything alcoholic, Diageo, is one of the companies backing the legislation in North Dakota. Which makes sense, why buy Diageo products when you can just inhale some vapors and get the same effect?

They even have a single-user unit that makes the perfect Valentine's Day gift for that hard-to-shop-for person and sells for US$299.

AWOL Machine

Comments

Anonymous said…
Damn, I was just about to create the first super premium alcohol vapor!

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...