Check out the new site!

The Martini Groove spirit lives on at CocktailGoGo!

Monday, February 05, 2007

IKON Vodka Review

I've had the bottle of Ikon vodka sitting and staring at me for weeks. I kept it in front of me on my desk so I would be sure to try it. So it sat there, mocking me, begging me to try it. I knew I had to wait until the moment was right, I've heard very good things about this US$12.99 wonder and wanted my first time to be the best. I knew I had to be gentle, calm, and tell it that I would always love it and that drinking it would only make my love for it stronger. I told it I would go slow and still respect it, no matter what the outcome was.

Getting Ready
I had planned to try it out as an up martini first, but the ice I had in my fridge smelled like the ass of a clown ("Hey, that smells funny") so I knew I had to go straight for the gusto. Unchilled. Unmixed. Unbelievable.

The Taste
The nose on this vodka was extremely appealing and I went back for a few extra sniffs. I took a swig and was very glad I did. It's not a vodka trying to be tasteless like some of the other one's out there and it's not trying to be a big grain vodka either. It has a great middle of the road feel and it did something that most other vodkas do not normally do, it made my mouth water. I was blown away at the rich flavors inside of this one and it had a big, round feel to it. "Round" is the best way I can describe it and, no, not like your mother.

You will not, ever, find a bottle of vodka that is better than Ikon for under US$20. Ever. Never. Never ever. This is a bottle that I could easily put in to a taste test with self-proclaimed vodka aficionado's alongside some of the premium vodkas and come away with a pleasing sense of self-satisfaction at calling them morons. Yet, the vodka is cheap enough to be a well vodka. Oh praise to the bar that has Ikon as the well vodka, long will it be loved.

The vodka is available in a lot of states and on sale for US$11.33 at Internet Wine & Spirits.

Ikon Vodka

0 Comments: