Cirrus Vodka Review

I don't just take a few gold medals that a vodka shows off and trust that it's a good vodka, nope. I want to get my hands on the stuff and that's what I did as soon as I read about Cirrus vodka.

And I wasn't just going to have a few sips, write down a few notes as I swirled it around in my mouth, then get to the computer and put up some notes about it, nope. I've had the bottle for a while and have been slowly nursing it, pondering its beauty, trying to decide how best to describe it. It was a labor of love.

This is the part where I tell you about the bottle
The bottle evokes the blue sky days of wispy clouds and keeps it pretty simple. It's not in some freakish shape or wacky color or obnoxious text. It's clean, simple and keeps things on the down-low.

This is the part where I mention the smell
It's like walking in to a nice store that used to be a candy shop. It has a clean, crisp smell but with little hints of something else. Something sweeter. I liked the creamy vanilla taste and it made me think of something to do.

Here's where I drink it two different ways
I knew I had to taste it straight, just to let myself know what I was getting in to. The vanilla cream smell came through in the taste as well, but almost as an afterthought. I knew I had to try this with some nice dry vermouth, so I made a martini out of it.

The martini was easily one of the best I've ever had for two reasons: a) I made it and b) the vanilla mixes really well with the dry vermouth and gives it a flavor profile that most vodka martini's just don't have. This is not a colorless, tasteless drink that a lot of other vodka's go for, this is an enjoyment unto itself and should almost have a different name than "martini" because it doesn't taste like one at all.

And now we're almost finished
If you're making a vodka/tonic or a Cosmo, then don't waste your time with this stuff, that's not what it's meant for. It's a great vodka that has beat Ketel-One and Belvedere in competition and should be treated as such. The clencher is that the stuff sells for around US$25, you won't beat it.

Cirrus Vodka

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE CIRRUS VODKA AND DRINK IT OFTEN ALMAOST EVERY WEEKEND and ENJOY THE TASTE BUT MOSTLY THE NO AFTER TASTE OR BURN ~ PLUS IAM BIAS SINCE I DO KNOW THE BROTHER TO THE CREATOR OF CIRRUS VODKA !! THANKS FOR THE NICE REVIEW ! TRACY BROOKS
Liz said…
Great vodka...I don't drink it every weekend but it is my vodka of choice. Especially when my boyfriend (the distiller's brother :)) uses it in his original Malibu Screw...they are KILLER!
jimmyp said…
"I liked the creamy vanilla taste and it made me think of something to do."

What did it make you think of doing? The suspense is killing me. I don't drink vodka, but if this makes you think of doing something, maybe I will start!

Good review, Thanks!
Rick D said…
I'm not really sure what it made me think of doing, I was just so happy to actually have a cohesive thought that I wrote about it. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

New Absinthe's on the market

Some thanks and virtual bartender

Best Bonds Ever