How to drink whiskey

Whiskey is not for everyone and I can completely appreciate that. It took me quite some time before I was headlong in to the art and device of whiskey and I've enjoyed it greatly ever since.

I strongly believe that one of the reasons that there aren't more whiskey fans are the strong barriers to entry. Not only is it a rather strong, often complex drink, but it also regularly has an aura about it that makes you feel like you have to be a CEO of some miserably failing company in which you have a golden parachute package before you can even embark upon tasting it.

Of course, that's not the case and I'd love to see it become more accessible than it is right now. Some companies are making strides in this area but one of the important steps to accessibility is knowing how to drink it.

Kate over at Accidental Hedonist is quite a fan of the stuff and she writes about it regularly. She's put up the first part of her course in drinking whiskey and how to taste and appreciate what you have in front of you.

How to taste whiskey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Absinthe's on the market

Some thanks and virtual bartender

Best Bonds Ever