You won't see a bunch of Valentine's Day posts from me, no sir. However, the fact that you gave your wife a vacuum for Valentine's Day last year has me a bit concerned, so I thought I'd help you out with enough notice of something simple you can do to make it just that much better.
Natalie MacLean has gone through the trouble of giving us the top 10 wine and chocolate matches. She didn't make it hard on you by giving you specific brands of chocolates and wines that you had to buy for the pairing, it's a simple list of types of chocolates and types of wines, that gives you some room for a bit of creativity and a way of "making it your own." Much like the vacuum.
Top 10 wine and chocolate matches
- Dark Chocolate and Banyuls, France
- Chocolate-Covered Biscotti and Recioto Della Valpolicella, Italy
- Chocolate-Orange Cake and Liqueur Muscat, Australia
- Chocolate with Nuts and Tawny Port, Portugal
- Milk Chocolate and Tokaji, Hungary
- Bittersweet Chocolate and Amarone, Italy
- Chocolate-Dipped Fruit and Icewine, Canada
- Chocolate Ganache Truffles and Sauternes, France
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and Framboise, California
- Chocolate Hearts with Cream Filling and Cream Sherry, Spain