An Autumn Cocktail

I don't put a ton of cocktail recipes in here because there are so many that are just variations on a theme that I would get bored of reading my own blog.  Yes, I read my own blog, it's mostly for my own entertainment.

I like this one, though.  It's timely, well thought-out, and Fall just hit us hard so I'm in the mood.  I'll keep the brand name in there because, well, they thought of it.

2oz Imported GranGala Triple Orange Liqueur
1oz Flor de Cana Rum
1oz Cranberry Syrup*
2 Pieces of Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit (peel, no skin or white)   
Dash of Orange Bitters
Drunken cranberries**

In a Boston glass add grapefruit and cranberry syrup. Muddle, add 1 ice scoop then GranGala, rum and bitters. Shake well and pour into a young wine glass.  Garnish with drunken cranberries.

*To make the Cranberry Syrup you need 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water and 2 cups of cranberries (rinsed and de-stemmed). Add ingredients to a saucepan, adjust heat to medium-high.  Allow to boil and then reduce to a simmer.  The mixture is ready once the sugar has dissolved, the syrup is slightly thickened and has taken on the color and aroma of the berries, this should take about 5 minutes. 
** To make the Drunken Cranberries you need 2 cups sugar, 1 cup dark rum, 1 cup fresh cranberries (rinsed and de-stemmed). Follow Cranberry Syrup directions, and pull out the cranberries and use for the garnish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Absinthe's on the market

Some thanks and virtual bartender

Best Bonds Ever