Skip to main content

Brockman's Gin

When any alcohol launches you are immediately inundated with a huge amount of PDF's that have recipes in it for the same old drinks you've always made but with the brand name put in to the recipe.  Either that or you get a slew of recipes with such obscure ingredients that you'll be traipsing through the Amazon looking for the proper flower to infuse.

Brockman's Gin cuts to the chase.  They want you to drink it.  Maybe with some ice.  Probably in a glass.  But whatever works for you, just don't put a bunch of crap in it that kills the taste of the gin.

Am I looking forward to an evening out with this gin?  Hell yeah.  I'll get it to go home with me, count on it.

Brockman's Gin

Comments

Dayne said…
Rick, have you actually tried this yet? What's it like?

I will say I think their website is fantastic, from a brand-image/style perspective. Hope the gin lives up to the expectations!
Anonymous said…
I've tried Brockmans with ginger ale at The Botanist on Sloane Square and it's truly delightfully refreshing. Over ice it's equally very smooth and I'd recommend it as a digestif. Dayne: I'd recommend you try some.
Anonymous said…
I tried this drink following your recommendation. I don't think it is even gin - in fact it has a very weird taste and my friend thought it very much headache inducing.
Rick D said…
Anonymous:

I don't recall recommending it.

Popular posts from this blog

Some thanks and virtual bartender

As of last week we averaged over 1,000 users per day. That's pretty damned cool. I'm surprised to see it myself considering how poor we rank on Technorati, but Performancing.com doesn't lie! In case you live under a rock, the Virtual Bartender are girls that do as you command, just like any good bartender does. They each have a huge list of commands and the most recent version has two girls. The shot pictured is them doing Star Wars. But they make out, shake ass, and many other things (no nudity, but plenty of cheesecake). They seem to do a lot of stuff except being able to make a martini. Brilliant. Virtual Bartender - [beer.com] Tags: bartender , beer , thanks

Bluecoat Gin Review

The bottle of Bluecoat Gin arrived the other day and I ripped in to it with vigor. My newfound love for Gin has become boundless and when I get a new one I put it ahead of the line of all the other stuff that I still need to try and review. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, however I was heavily medicated and had to patiently bide my time until I was no longer popping pills in order to try it out lest my liver implode leaving a dark, black hole in my innards of Mickey Mantle proportions. How's it look? The bottle comes pretty much as advertised. It's a simple blue bottle with Bluecoat on it and a coat of arms. The cap is an easy-to-pull cork that did not make me do any sort of contortion in order to get it open. Thank you Bluecoat Gin! What's it smell like? One word: OhMyGod. This is far and away the best smelling gin I have ever put my nostrils to. The juniper and floral notes were amazing and did not take any time to get used to. Most gins require two whiffs: One...

Electric Martini Maker

Martini's are such a difficult concept that Waring thought they would make it easier on all of us. Okay, so I know that the reason for having this is for Coolness Value and not for the idea that you actually need a machine to mix your martini's. The Waring Pro Electric Martini Maker can take your concoction and do the tedious work of mixing it by either stirring or shaking, depending on which button you press. Remember kids, stir gin, shake vodka. The on light even has a green olive on it. But what if I want a twist? Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker - US$99.99 via Treehugger (Who says you need to buy carbon credits for owning this one)